Sports Medicine Specialists in Chesterfield, MO
The physicians at Woods Mill Orthopedics focus on meeting the diagnostic and treatment needs of both the serious and recreational athlete. Collectively they understand the role activity plays in keeping a person fit and are dedicated to helping patients get back into their game.
We pride ourselves on our commitment to understand the goals and motivation ?driving? individuals in their sports or performance activities. The group considers this essential in determining how quickly and what type of intervention is implemented, how performance and recuperation should be monitored and what comprehensive rehabilitation plan is right. The sports medicine team has as its goal the safe restoration of function as well as minimizing or preventing de-conditioning of unaffected anatomy or structures by neglect or inactivity.
Sports Injuries Treated by Woods Mill Orthopedics
Our Physicians use a range of diagnostic testing such as X-Ray, MRI and CT scans to confirm your diagnosis. Treatment options include injections, medication, exercise, physical therapy and surgery. Conditions treated include:
- Muscle and tendon strains: the stretching or tearing of a muscle or tendon. This is common in the hamstring muscle.
- Ligament sprain: the stretching or tearing of ligaments that connect two bones together. This is especially common in the ankle.
- Treatment of arthritis: can depend on the type and severity of arthritis, which is a group of diseases in which cartilage wears away. This results in pain, swelling, and stiffness from the bones rubbing together.
- Fractures: may need to be repositioned and casted while the broken bones heal. Surgery might also be necessary using pins or screws to hold the bone in the proper position to heal.
- Bursitis: is a condition when the bursae sacs that cushion bones, tendon, and muscles become inflamed. It can happen in the shoulder, elbow, hip, and knee.
- Acute sports injuries
- Cartilage tear: most commonly occurs in the meniscal cartilage in the knee joint.
- Knee injuries
- Shoulder injuries
If you’re in need of sports medicine, contact Woods Mill Orthopedics today at (314) 576-7013 to schedule an appointment.